[GRASS5] d.info: flag added for approximate screen scale

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 12 01:56:31 EST 2006

> I have added a new flag to d.info to print the
> approximate map scale in GRASS monitor. I know that
> it's not very precise, but an approximate figure
> is better than nothing:
>
> Example:
>
>  d.info -s
>  Approximate map scale in GRASS monitor <x0> 1:11000
>
> I remember that this was removed in GRASS 5 (not by me)

as an aside/reminder/something to check here: scale calculations are
non-functional & wildly wrong in ps.map for lat/lon locations.

Not sure how far back this goes, I would be surprised if pre-GRASS 5 had this
bug, but maybe. I haven't had the chance to fire up an old version to check if
it was functional once upon a time.

Not sure if 1:xxxxxx scales are even appropriate for plate caree lat/lon.

Hamish