[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.1.0 release preparation

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Wed Jul 5 04:20:56 EDT 2006

I have one request concerning the GRASS configure script:
would it be possible for configure to write a small one-line
ASCII file into GISBASE/etc after a successful configuration,
which contains all the options that the user passed to the
configure script?

Having such a file in a standard location would make it
much easier to compile external modules with exactly the
same external dependencies as the GRASS system installation.

Best,

Benjamin

Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 12:26:16AM -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
>
>>Some modules have problems running on 64bit (maybe that is also
>>#4725?
>

> The nviz volume bug was recently introduces, I think. As far
> as I remember it worked some time ago on 64bit.
>
> https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4725
> "
>   I followed "mode" into lib/ogsf/GVL2.c GVL_slice_get_drawmode()
>   and then *gvl to gvl_get_vol() in lib/ogsf/gvl.c, but then I get lost.
> "
>
> ?
>

>>but it is for sure #4546
>

> https://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4546
> r.sim.water crashes in simlib/input.c line 403, function grad_check():
>
>  if (cchez[k][l] != 0.) {
>
>    with k=700 and l=0
>
> Not sure why.
>

>>and supposedly also r.sun - probably due to uninitialized
>>variables).
>

> Right, It crashes in INPUT () at main.c:656
>               if (z[i][j] == UNDEFZ || o[i][j] == UNDEFZ || s[i][j] == UNDEFZ)
>
> Here a Spearfish test script:
>
> ELEV=elevation.dem
> TMP=$$
> SLOPE=$TMP.slope
> ASP=$TMP.aspect
> r.slope.aspect elevation.dem as=$TMP.aspect sl=$TMP.slope --o
> r.mapcalc global_shadow.rad=0
> DAY=055
> r.sun -s elevin=elevation.dem aspin=$TMP.aspect slopein=$TMP.slope day=$DAY \
>       beam_rad=bs_rad.$DAY diff_rad=ds_rad.$DAY refl_rad=rs_rad.$DAY
>

>>I don't think that this should stop the release.
>

> I would appreciate if those two bugs would be fixed, but we
> can backport the fixes later.
>

>>Also I believe that we should thoroughly test gis.m before release -
>>we were getting all kinds of error messages but I think that it all
>>has been fixed by now.
>

> Yes, gis.m should get a consolidation cycle now.
>
> Markus

Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik
(Archaeoinformation Science)
Institut für Ur- und Frühgeschichte
(Inst. of Prehistoric and Historic Archaeology)
Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel
Johanna-Mestorf-Straße 2-6
D 24098 Kiel
Germany