[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #3877] (grass) r.to.vect, v.in.ascii use too much memory for millions of points

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jul 5 18:00:33 EDT 2006

Andrew,

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 03:09:02PM -0400, Andrew Danner wrote:
>  I haven't had a chance to look into the Vect_build code and see if
> there is a way to reduce memory usage. Is there any white paper or
> technical specs on how the new vector library is organized and what the
> vector topology looks like?

there is a document here (part of the programmer's manual):

 http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass61progman/Vector_Library.html

That what I could extract from Radim and sketch up :-)

It's generated from the (aprtially) doxygenized source code.

Markus

--
Markus Neteler  <neteler itc it>  http://mpa.itc.it/markus/