[GRASS-dev] [bug #4869] (grass) v.buffer: corruted output on a very simple input

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jul 18 12:25:03 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4869

Subject: v.buffer: corruted output on a very simple input

Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 2006-07-10

I know v.buffer has problems and limitations, but such one I haven't seen yet.

See:
http://www.biol.uni.wroc.pl/sieczka/udostepnione/grass/corrupted_buffer_of_a_line.png

Green is the input vector line, black and grey is the output of:

v.buffer input=frame output=frame_buf type=line buffer=30

The input feature is very simple, yet the v.buffer output is a complete mess. I'm affraid we can't rely on v.buffer for anything besides buffering points.

Maciek