[GRASS-dev] New OpenGL options to test for native Mac and Win NVIZ

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:19:26 EDT 2006

William,

Here is an update.

I downloaded and installed your Mac binaries and all supporting libraries. I
even installed your tcltk 8.4.13 to override the Active States version I had
installed.

-Changing tcltk does not affect nviz running in the version of GRASS I'm
compiling from the cvs.

-Your binaries won't display any maps on my system, but they will run
nviz...sort of. The normal map display bombs somehow with the gism PNG
driver not getting selected. My guess is that somehow the following line is
not working in your binaries on my system...

    set env(MONITOR_OVERRIDE) "gism"

-nviz partly works. It will display the map it started with. But the file
browser doesn't work for loading any new maps (error below). Same for
vectors. The map display keeps spreading over the control panels, though
this can be fixed by resizing a bit. The color selectors don't work either.
Most other controls for rasters seem to work.

-I can copy your version of the nviz binary to my build and nviz works like
yours does. So it is something in the compilation,  but I don't know what.

Michael

== nviz file browser error ===

invalid command name ".browse_topo_file.main.files.f.list"
invalid command name ".browse_topo_file.main.files.f.list"
    while executing
"$w.main.files.f.list delete 0 end"
    (procedure "map_browser_list_mapset" line 6)
    invoked from within
"map_browser_list_mapset $w"
    (procedure "set_map_browser_mapset" line 5)
    invoked from within
"set_map_browser_mapset $w {}"
    (procedure "create_map_browser" line 92)
    invoked from within
"create_map_browser .browse_topo_file surf 1"
    (procedure "ap_get_topofile" line 4)
    invoked from within
"ap_get_topofile"
    invoked from within
".temporary_new_surf.f2.map invoke"
    ("uplevel" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
    (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 23)
    invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .temporary_new_surf.f2.map"
    (command bound to event)
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671