[GRASS-dev] maybe bugs

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Thu Jul 27 07:05:18 EDT 2006

Martin Wegmann napisa?(a):

> before I submit a bug report I just want to know if I found bugs or features
> and/or if it is already fixed:
>
> using cvs 2-3 days ago
>
> 1)
> gis.m monitor freezes sometimes when loading new raster - "please wait ..."
> remains and a raster is displayed only when I close gis.m and restart it - I
> can tell when this happens but once/twice in each session.

Could you provide a reproducable test case based on spearfish?

> 2)
> g.region still does not work as I know it e.g.
> zoom to full extend
> 'g.region save=africa'
> zoom in
> select in monitor 'zoom to...saved region'
> the displayed region is somewhere but definitely not region=africa

g.region has been working perfectly fine for me from CLI, I have tested
that just again. It's got to be something about gis.m region handling -
either you are missing something, or there is a bug in gis.m. Please
provide a reproducible test case for spearfish.

> -> same behaviour in CLI and gis.m

'g.region save=window; d.zoom; g.region=window' from CLI seems all OK
for me. Can you provide a scenario where it fails in CLI for you?

> 3)
> zoom out in monitor makes the display window smaller and smaller - this bug
> has been reported before and I thought it would have been fixed

I don't understand. Can you elaborate?

> 4)
> r.patch does not patch two raster but parts of the first raster with adjacent
> parts of the second one - can somebody report the same behaviour?

Please provide a test case explaining what's wrong and what's expected.
Or maybe you forgot that r.patch is region sensitive?

Maciek