[GRASS-dev] cvs gis.m error

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Tue Jun 6 02:22:32 EDT 2006

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:26:46 -0700
Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:

> I'm running Lorenzo's binaries of 27 May with no problems in general. Check
> in gronconsole to see if there are any errors reported there.

It simply shows that the command d.mon start=gism -s
is still running. That's it. Stopping the existing display and opening
an new one doesn't resolve the problem. No errors, but also no display
either.

When I modify the run command in runandoutput.tcl to stop sending
everything to /dev/ null, the following happens. The error appears
sooner with the message No such monitor gism on the command
d.mon stop=gism

with the rest being pretty much as before.

Hmm....

BTW, this makes me wonder about the wisdom of sending everything
to /dev/null. A session log file makes more sense to me.

When I revert to an earlier version of the code (one which I was
playing with so I revert to different versions of mapcanvas.tcl and
maptool.tcl the errors are identical so it would seem to have something
to do with d.mon on my system. Has that changed recently?