[GRASS-dev] New georectifying module in TclTk

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jun 6 11:28:14 EDT 2006

Thanks. That is helpful. It will be certainly easier if I only am doing rms
calculations using one equation. Still, I wonder can minimizing errors using
an affine transformation produce poorer results for polynomial
transformations?

Also, in responding to my own comment yesterday... I looked at gdalwarp last
night and I'm not sure it could replace i.rectify as is. If there is someway
to specify a set of GCP's that are not embedded in the raster file format, I
didn't see it in the docs. Also, I didn't see any way of using it to do
error calculations (though this might be moot). GDAL will also need to to
GRASS to GRASS file formats. I know this was a problem awhile back, but
perhaps it is not one now.

More interestingly, it might be more possible to wrap v.transform into the
georectifier so that it will do both raster and vector files, if this is of
any interest to people.

Michael
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University