[GRASS-dev] Python GUI toolkits

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Fri Jun 9 02:39:23 EDT 2006

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:23:33 -0700
"David Finlayson" <david.p.finlayson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked briefly at PythonCard (another layer on top of wxPython). It
> didn't look like a living project. Is it still maintained?

The mailing list is still active and sourceforge reported stats
indicate that it is active, so it probably is active. I don't really
know from experience. I don't know if it is really any good, as I've
not done anything more than browse through the demos. I raised the
question as it may speed development, is available on all platforms
(with an editor, etc) and doesn't appear to have any extra run-time
requirements. Seems like a good idea, but I don't know if it is any
good. According to Jachym, who tried a bit more with it than I have so
far, he preferred Glade, but it seems that libglade may be a concern.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)