[GRASS-dev] grass6.2?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Jun 12 01:24:52 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> I noted the difference because i.rectify reads from the current location and
> writes to the location specified by i.target.

Ah. That is something which its replacement shouldn't imitate.

Reading from a different location or mapset is reasonable enough, but
nothing should write outside of the current mapset. The case of
r.in.gdal creating a new location is probably OK, but writing to an
existing mapset (other than the current one) isn't.

BTW, does i.rectify bother to lock the destination mapset?