[GRASS-dev] lib/vask

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Sat Jun 17 06:04:55 EDT 2006

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:55:22 +0100
Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> i.orpho.photo is one of those "applications" for which the only
> sensible solution is a complete rewrite (or complete disposal; how
> important is it?)

Very. I don't know of any other FOSS tool than can can orthorectify
aerial photographs using an already existing DEM.

The only similar one is e-foto project, but their philosophy is a bit
different - DEM is created from stereo aerial photographs, then they
are orthorectified using that DEM.

Unique and good thing about i.orpho.photo is that you can orthorectify
even a single photo, or a set of photos which don't overlap enough to be
used for extracting DEM in e-foto or other photogrammetry software.

Please don't remove i.orpho.photo.

Maciek

CIEP?E KRAJE - CIEP?E MORZA. Szukasz atrakcyjnego wypoczynku w przyst?pnej cenie, zapoznaj si? z nasz? ofert?.
ZAPRASZAMY

www.skarpatravel.pl