[GRASS-dev] [bug #4645] (grass) v.digit under cygwin

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Jun 20 13:01:20 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4645

Subject: v.digit under cygwin

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: GRASS 6.1.cvs (2006)

Context :
I have a vector maps (formed of points) and whant to select points in two disjoined areas.

Actions :
1. I use v.digit then:
1.a. with the option "no category":
- I define the first boundary;
- I attach its centroid;
- I define the second boundary.
1.b. with the option "next not used", I attach the centroid to the second boundary and fill the form.
2. I use v.select for selecting the points into the digitized areas

Problems :
1. under windows and cygwin, only the points into the boundary which centroid is linked to the database table are selected.
2. to make it work, I have to choose the option "next not used" for the two centroids, but the "Form" window freezes during several minutes with the message "Could not set Tcl system encoding to" (utf-8 encoding).

(remark : it works very well under linux (fedora core 4))

Please do you have any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel