[GRASS5] JGrass 2.0 released
andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 05:53:36 EST 2006
Sorry for crossposting.
05. March 2006
JGrass Development Team
JGrass 2.0 Release Candidate 1 - Free Java Geographic Information System
Today the JGrass Development team released the release candidate 1 for JGrass
2.0 - "Trento".
JGrass is Free Software under GNU GPL, the sources of which can be found at
JGrass is maintained at:
HydroloGIS, Italy, at http://www.hydrologis.com
were all the information regarding the project is kept.
It is a Java based GIS built on top of the open source GIS GRASS.
JGRASS aims to bring GRASS to production environments as opposed to the
research environment. The improved user interface and scripting facility will
allow an application oriented user environment focused on the task to be
This new version brings enhancements and new features:
- first vector support following the geotools approach
- visualization of geometry and attributes
- visualization of Shapefiles
- visualization of Autocad dwg file (< 2000)
- visualization of Postgis layers
- vector data preview
- first scripting engine
- console enhancement with command completion
- enhanced native GRASS command execution
- queries with d.what.vect
- check on the used virtual machine
- finally bugfix for the 1/2 pixel shift in raster display
- bugfix for missing mapscale
- bugs in interactive modules that tent to freeze the gui solved
- integer reading bug with novalues
- bugfix for the refresh button freezing
JGrass (Java Geographic Resources Analysis and Support System) web site with
HydroloGIS - Environmental Safety Modelling
"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik
More information about the grass-dev