[GRASSLIST:10801] Re: [GRASS5] FWD: [OSGeo-Discuss] Incubation Committee / Contributor Agreements]

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Mar 8 05:34:34 EST 2006

Paolo,

I don't think that there is any intention to render GRASS
non-free. The idea of the foundation is to protect the freedom
of GFOSS projects. It's debatable though, if MIT/X11 means
freedom (for some it does, see GDAL/OGR).

GPL and LGPL do so in my opinion.

Let's see what OSGeo board/lawyer/discussion answers now,
I have sent the GRASS dev team comments to the board list
of OSGeo.

Markus