[GRASS5] r.moran

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 19:52:27 EST 2006

> What happened to r.moran? I'd need to calculate Moran's I for a
> rastermap, but I'm unable to find r.moran in GRASS 6.1. If it has
> dropped off due to lack of a maintainer, please let me know, and I
> will gladly update it from GRASS 5.4. Is there perhaps another way to
> to calculate Moran's I?

It's not in 5.4, just the man page is.

It's not the GRASS 5 CVS either, you have to look in the GRASS 4.3
source code to find it:
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/grass43/source/

src/raster/r.moran
src/raster/r.moran/Gmakefile
src/raster/r.moran/README
src/raster/r.moran/interface.c
src/raster/r.moran/lvar.c
src/raster/r.moran/main.c
src/raster/r.moran/moran.c
src/raster/r.moran/moran.h
src/raster/r.moran/open_files.c
src/raster/r.moran/process.c

This means you'll need to add NULL support (instead of 0 as null).

Maybe easier to use the GRASS/R interface and perform the operation in R?
  http://biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr/library/spdep/html/moran.test.html
  http://grass.ibiblio.org/statsgrass/index.php#grassR

I think we could use a new wiki page listing all older modules not
ported; not just the 5.4->6.0 list. e.g. r.fuzzy, d.viewproj, r.casc2d,
etc.? May save someone some trouble. This probably has to be done by
hand. :/

ps- How do I get a copy of GRASS 4.2.1?

swig people: I notice an effort in the GRASS 5 cvs by Mike from two
years ago, maybe useful:
  http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/src.todo/swig/

Hamish