[GRASS5] [bug #4164] (grass) v.clean: uses 1GB RAM, 1 GB swap for a vector with only 628 boundaries

Maciek Sieczka via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Mar 24 14:07:32 EST 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:43:36 +0100
"Radim Blazek" <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/22/06, Maciek Sieczka <werchowyna at epf.pl> wrote:
> > Now, not using "debug=clean": the v.buffer creates _mostly_ good
> > result when compared to r.buffer at resolution =1. But there are at
> > least 2 places with errors visible in v.buffer behaviour. Please
> > see the attached screendump, you will spot them easily.
> >
> > The YELLOW lines are the v.buffer and r.buffer input.
> >
> > The RED backgroung is r.buffer output (GOOD).
> >
> > The BLACK lines are v.buffer output, with at least 2 ERRORS visible,
> > indicated by GREEN circles.
> >
> > Are those possible to be fixed Radim?
> >

> Not now by me. If possible publish your input data so that it can
> be used for debugging in future.

Here (3,3 MB):
http://www.biol.uni.wroc.pl/sieczka/udostepnione/grass/huha2.tar.bz2

There is an input vector boundaries

x_extr

and the 100m buffer with a visible fault

x_extr_buff100

I deleted my original input and created it once more to prepare this
sample dataset - and somehow now there is only 1 error in the
v.buffer output instead of 2 as previously... Hmm. Maybe my fault.

> How do look those 2 places if run with debug=clean?

Topologicaly clean, but the fault in buffer is still clearly visible.

Maciek