[GRASS5] v.in.dxf

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Mar 24 18:20:04 EST 2006

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  commit it! v.in.dwg is not a better alternative.

I would wager that most people using Windows and Mac versions of GRASS do
not compile it. Hence they cannot use v.in.dwg. We've been trying to add
v.in.dwg to our linux setups and are still going through the license
procedure with Open DWG. They are not being problematic; it just requires
additional bureaucracy of submitting and resubmitting paper forms.

If you add v.in.dxf to the cvs then perhaps others can enhance it and it
will be even better than v.in.dwg AND open source so that it can be
distributed with GRASS.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402