[GRASS5] New GIS Manager

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Mar 26 10:40:41 EST 2006

Up until a couple weeks ago, I'd say it could probably be installed on 6.0.x
and most of it would work.

With the new, extensive changes to the module gui's, involving a change to
the C module parser.c, I don't know now.

In terms of stability, it is undergoing a rapid set of changes right now and
over the next week +/-. It should calm down after that.

I've got a bunch of things to commit to the cvs on Monday that will fix bugs
in duplicating and compositing, as well as other stuff.

I've managed to integrate most of what I'm doing with the new work by Cedric
Shock on the module GUI. However, I've run into a couple items that have
broken due to the new architecture. The most notable that I haven't been
able too fix yet are interactive querying and measure tools on the map
display toolbar. These should be easily fixable once Cedric is back next
week.

If these don't bother you, I'd recommend trying it after Monday.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402

phone: 480-965-6213