[GRASS5] features needed for 6.2

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Mar 28 17:31:26 EST 2006

There has been discussion periodically about changing how raster files are
stored within mapsets. What I understood (perhaps incorrectly I suppose) was
that the idea was to store each map in a separate folder, like vectors,
rather than combine all raster cat files in one folder, header files in
another folder, and so on. This would make GRASS raster files much more
portable and easier to manipulate. However, there would need to be some way
to convert formats as between old and new vector formats.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA