[GRASS5] [bug #4229] (grass) error in EPSG file

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Thu Mar 30 17:11:06 EST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:02:27 +0200 (CEST)
Request Tracker <grass-bugs at intevation.de> wrote:

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=4229
>
> Subject: error in EPSG file
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/x86
> grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
> grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
> GRASS Version: 6.0.1
>

> the proj from EPSG is very useful
> in France, I use Lambert II (27572)
> but it gives a false longitude
> I noticed a general error in the file:

What file, exactly?

In case you mean a file that comes with proj4, please report to proj4
maintainer Frank Warmerdam, eg. uisng proj4 list.

CCing him now.

proj4 is not a part of Grass.

This problem you are reporting here might even be due to an error EPSG
database, not proj4 itself. Check with EPSG online database
http://ocean.csl.co.uk/.

> "lon_0=-2.33......"
>
> the minus sign is false !
> it must be : lon_0=2.33....
>
> so it gives the right longitude
> (all the Lambert codes for France must be corrected)
>
> alain guerreau  cnrs paris

Hope that helps.

Maciek