[GRASS5] GEM in CVS

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Thu May 4 03:10:48 EDT 2006

Thanks to Markus' help,
the code for the GRASS Extensions Manager (GEM) is now in the CVS.
Seeing that gis.m has made quite some progress lately and that
it will likely become the default GUI for the next stable GRASS,
this means we will be able to offer users a simple and seamless
way to download and add extensions to a running GRASS installation.
Perhaps this would be a good point to think which modules
could in the future be developed outside the GRASS base and put into
extensions.
In the next weeks I will hopefully find some time to update all
the extensions on my webpage so you can try the integration
of extensions with gis.m

Best,

Benjamin

--