[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS5] GEM in CVS

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Thu May 4 09:08:48 EDT 2006

No panic,

to get gis.m back to work, just delete the menu hook in
$GISBASE/etc/gm/Xtns/.

Quick fix:
There should be a file with the extension .gem in there.
This is the source of your trouble. Delete it and
gis.m will start again!

Explanation:
Extensions store menu files for gis.m in $GISBASE/etc/gm/Xtns
These files are snippets of tcl menu code with extension .gem
They must be properly formatted tcl programs!
The format is, unfortunately, a little bit tricky and every
bracket counts ;)

But the good thing is that this allows you to use arbitratily
complex menu entries for your extension.

I suspect that your extension has a file entries-gisman2 in its
extension directory. This file contains the tcl code to be installed.
For a single module it should look something like this:

cascad "MyExtension" {} "" $tmenu {{command "Run my command" {}
"r.my.cmd" {} -command {execute r.my.cmd }}}

If you don't want any of this right now, just delete entries-gisman2
from your extension files and nothing will be installed.

Don't worry about the warning. It is caused by a recent change
in the layout of $GISBASE/docs/html/index.html
I will fix this as soon as I get CVS access running.

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik

Tel.: ++49 (0)431 880-3378 / -3379