[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS5] Improvements to gis.m map canvas

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu May 4 21:43:34 EDT 2006

Maciek Sieczka wrote:

> 1. do we need "d.font romans" in each redraw?

The default font is empty. If you don't set a font, any text will be
missing unless something explicitly sets the font.

If this can be shown to be a significant performance issue, the driver
library could be modified so that the font isn't loaded until the
first time it is used.

> 2. when panning/zooming the are always two in a row "d.frame -e" calls;
> necessary?

Not two of them; the second one would be redundant.