[GRASS-dev] Re: [bug #4432] (grass) Transaction (mneteler)

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu May 11 17:22:36 EDT 2006

I understand your point. However....

If we change it (content or name), we also need to change the code in
d.vect.thematic, thematic.tcl, and possibly some other scripts.

This is modeled on r.univar.sh. But of course vectors are not like rasters.
Vectors have attributes in separate attribute tables. But they can have
multiple attribute tables. There was a reason for making it possible to
select the table and driver, but I don't remember exactly what it was. I
think it had to do with not being able to use PostgreSQL or other non-dbf
databases properly in d.vect.thematic.

So this can be done if necessary, but it needs to be done carefully and
completely, making sure that the changes cascade correctly through all
related pieces.

The best thing would be to put median and quartiles into v.univar and switch
the whole bunch over to that.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213