[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS5] Re: auto-locate EPSG

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed May 17 05:45:57 EDT 2006

On Thu, 11 May 2006 17:33:20 +0200
Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> I have hacked
>  lib/init/Makefile
> to avoid the currently unpleasant situation that PROJSHARE remains
> completely
> undefined if --with-proj-share isn't used. Now, instead if leaving
> PROJSHARE empty and creating epsg_option.tcl and
> make_location_epsg.sh incorrectly, it is set
> to /usr/local/share/proj. If PROJSHARE was defined via configure,
> that directory is used.
>
> Hoping for a better solution

Hi!

With today's CVS I'm still getting the following warning:

checking for location of External PROJ.4 data files...
configure: warning: *** External PROJ.4 directory not specified
checking for /epsg... no
configure: warning: *** Unable to locate PROJ data files.

... although my PROJ share dir is in the default location:

$ ls /usr/local/share/proj/
epsg  GL27   nad83    ntv1_can.dat        proj_def.dat
esri  nad27  nad.lst  nzgd2kgrid0005.gsb  world

Perhaps it is me only me being dense here, but I thought that I don't
need to specify --with-proj-share anymore if it my PROJ share dir
is /usr/local/share/proj ?

Maciek