[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSLIST:962] Re: GRASS and vector lines: how can I change the direction of digitized lines?

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Fri May 19 16:23:43 EDT 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 16:30:33 +1200
Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > A possible workaround would be to to convert long, continous sets
> > >
> > > don't know.
> >
> > I think I solved the problem, lines 128-137. I took care to handle
> > any possible combination of "," and "-" lists. Time will show :).
>

> tr ',' '\n'
> grep '-'
> tr '-' ' '
> seq $1 $2
> cat single_list seq_lists > cat_lists
> sort -n | uniq
>
> ?

I don't understand how to use it instead of my approach. I tried to,
but I don't get it. Sorry :(. Anyway, it is not critical. Good I have
something working anyway :).

> > Also I want to send most of the messages into /dev/null.
>
> be careful of masking error messages.

Good point. Is there a way to only let warnings and errors get
through while masking other messages? My v.flip outputs several
terminals full of them.

> nothing new, but many of these hints are listed here:
>  http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/SUBMITTING_SCRIPTS?rev=HEAD

I read it first. I'm doing my best not to ask anything not explained
there, to my understanding.

Maciek