[GRASS-dev] v.digit: Qt or wxWidgets

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 02:00:40 EDT 2006

> > (4) wxWidgets, like QT and TclTk has versions that run
> > natively across platforms--inlcuding most *nix flavors, Mac
> > OS X, and Windows. GTK runs primarily in X11 (though there
> > are experimental versions under development for other
> > platforms I understand).

FWIW, WinGIMP uses GTK on windows & works quite well.

Also consider where GTK+ (or any other toolkit in active development)
will be on the Mac not now, but when the software will be written/ready.
If in 6 months GTK will likely be ready for the Mac, I don't see that as
a blocker. Plan for the long term..

Hamish