[GRASS-dev] v.digit: Qt or wxWidgets

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:47:20 EDT 2006

On 5/20/06, Benjamin Ducke <benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de> wrote:
> Qt is a nice toolkit too, but it is not as open as Wxwidgets.

What do you mean exactly. It is GPL on all platforms.

> There are
> subtle but maybe relevant differences in the licensing scheme and it
> seems that there is always a difference between the open source and the
> commercial versions. But I think Radim is more qualified to judge this.

I cannot say if there are differences, but I don't believe.
We are using GPL version on all platforms.
There are some additional packages (QSA, Qt Solutions, Teambuilder)
which are not available under GPL on all platforms but the Qt, Qtopia
and Qtopia SDK will be most probably the same on all platforms
and under all licenses.

http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/licenses/licensing/matrix

I don't care which toolkit you choose. I just don't like to see
that some people for some strange reasons repeat to say that
Qt is not free, which is not true.

Radim