[GRASS-dev] GUI platforms

Stefan Paulick stefan.paulick at urbeli.com
Tue May 23 14:58:34 EDT 2006

> What you guys are proposing with the GUI change is really much more
> than that. It is a fundamental re-architecture of the GRASS program. A
> few of us have been alarmed by it.

Sorry David, but there is no need to start a flame war.

All participants in the discussion are well aware that there are very
limited resources and no one does think about rewriting grass from the
scratch.

We have to focus on this resources to get the most out of grass, and we
have to check our own capabilities. We have to listen very carefully to
the facts provided by Michael - who seems to tend a little bit to
tcl/tk ;-) - and we have to check this against what will make life
easier in the future.

I made some prove-of-concepts during the last years with python and I
was impressed how portable the code was between Windows and Linux. I
myself would like to see Grass close to python; but if I get good
reasons to switch over to tcl/tk, I will do that without "beeing
alarmed".

/Stefan