[GRASS-dev] Re: Live Earthquake Map: GRASS/PHP

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat May 27 18:08:36 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 12:27:24PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> The new machine (grass.itc.it) offers PHP 5, so I had to
> rewrite the code.
>
> The new PHP5 code example is at
>   http://grass.itc.it/spearfish/php_grass_earthquakes.php
> and also fails!

I got a bit closer to the problem. It seems that now
the behaviour differs from

  'GISRC' => '/grass0/neteler/www/spearfish/.grassrc6_ll',

and
  'GISRC' => '/tmp/gisrc',

But the files are identical! The former gives a LOCATION_NAME not
found error, the latter "permission denied" (see above link) to
the location, although the owner of the location was changed to
apache user/group.

Mysterious. Honestly I don't understand the GISRC/GISRCRC magic in
$GISBASE/etc/Init.sh which I have to replicate somehow in the
PHP script. Earlier it was the path to the .grassrc6 which worked
on Redhat7 but now fails (RHEL4).

Any hints?

Markus