[GRASS-dev] random colors in d.vect

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed May 31 05:36:10 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have tried to implement *random* colouring based on category number
(according to layer number can be implemented later before CVS
committing...), see the attached patch.

I do not completely understand why you need to use in level 2
Vect_line_alive() + Vect_read_line() in contrast with level 1 and
function Vect_read_next_line (). In any case the functions
Vect_read_line () and Vect_read_next_line behave in the same way -
they may return 'line number', -1 or -2. So I do not know why
variable 'ltype' is tested only (switch (ltype)) in level 1.

Best regards, Martin

PS: Temporarily I have no GNU/Linux PC with Internet connection, so
this patch is against CVS snapshot from 2006/05/27.