[GRASS-dev] GRASS at GForge first steps

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 5 00:48:12 EST 2006

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

> Issues tracker is for bugs, defects, wishes. I will take care of it in
> terms of sorting out bugs which are doubtfull or lacking information.
> I can also fix some minor stuff like docs, typos in the code, shell
> scripts etc..

why not a separate tracker for bugs, wishes, docs, website, install
probs... then people who want to work on fixing docs but not C code can
quickly see that there are 3 open doc bugs they can work on, instead of
spending a lot of time going through 56 open bugs of all types to find
any doc ones.

?? if separate, can issues be moved between trackers (wish filed as a
bug)

how is a defect different than a bug?

While we commision the new tracker(s), I would like to see the old bug
tracker kept alive for some time, even if less used.

> Talking of surveys

I think this is a nice feature, perhaps more interesting than useful,
but still good.

Hamish