[GRASS-dev] r.resamp.stats method=sum artifacts

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 17:50:54 EST 2006

Glynn Clements wrote:
> Hmm. I suspect that the region enlargement will cause r.resamp.interp
> will fail with "Illegal latitude for North" (or South) if you try to
> resample a lat/lon map which includes either pole.
>
> I'm starting to wonder whether we would be better off without the
> latitude check, leaving it to up the user instead.

I think the latitude check is quite valuable. I don't see a reason to
allow incorrect results just because the user asked to do something
impossible (probably by accident).

In the case of r.resamp.interp it would be nice if the module could
silently convert affected cells to NULL instead of spitting out error
messages of course.

Hamish