[GRASS-dev] Error in redrawing text layer in gis.m

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 16 21:38:59 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> I couldn't get a latlon grid to work at all in a UTM location
> (spearfish).

make sure "draw grid" box is checked as well as "geodetic grid". (!)

I was wondering if "0:05" needed to be quoted, but it seems to work ok for
me. I did get it to lock up (100% cpu), but that was when I tried using
a standard grid with a resolution of 0.08333, which in UTM creates many
many grid lines which takes a minute or two to render. :)

otherwise, no gis.m gridline problems at my end.

Eric: any reason you aren't letting d.grid label the lines for you?
It should be formatted and rotated nicely (e.g. 44:26N)
(i.e. is there something about that you think could be improved?)

Hamish