[GRASS-dev] [bug #5243] (grass) d.vect: better random color generation

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 19:42:13 EST 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> Actually, random color generation and saving colors in the RGB column
> are a kind of thematic mapping that should be integrated into a new
> and improved d.vect.thematic. I think that Moritz Lennart's team is
> working on this.

by the way, d.vect.thematic now stands out as the most complicated
module (with ~26 options) without any guisections tabs. Could someone
who both understands and uses this module split the options up into sub-
groups?

it is very simple, in the shell script just add (e.g.):
 #% guisection: Colors
in the option definition.

see also:
http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=238&group_id=21&atid=182