[GRASS-user] RE: [GRASS-dev] Can't create locations using EPS G codes

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Fri Oct 13 15:08:36 EDT 2006

Thanks, Paul. g.proj -c creates the location perfectly. I confirmed the proj
paramters from within the new location:

g.proj -p
name       : Stereographic
proj       : stere
a          : 6378137
es         : 0.006694380022900787
lat_0      : 46.5
lon_0      : -66.5
k          : 0.999912
x_0        : 2500000
y_0        : 7500000
towgs84    : 0,0,0,0,0,0,0
no_defs    : defined
unit       : metre
units      : metres
meters     : 1

So that's odd. Anyway, I'll use this as a workaround for the future. Thanks

~ Eric.