[GRASS-dev] collecting grass (future) concepts

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 06:14:57 EST 2006

Hi all,

from my personal point of view (as a relatively new/young GRASS
"power" user) I suggest to create a new GRASS mailing list (e.g.
grass-concepts, or grass-future, etc.), where developers and users
could discuss the new/modified GIS concepts for future version of
GRASS. E.g. idea concept like object-orientated and layer-orientated
data approach, full 2D-2.5D-3D-4D GIS implementation, and in the
future more technical issues (working on the new core libraries, core
programming language issue, etc.).

I hope that this mailing list (and of course GRASS-Wiki) might help to
collect and crystallize ideas about GRASS future. In any case GRASS
should build on the current versions and continue in "GRASS way of
thinking".

Would do you think?

Best regards, Martin

--