[GRASS-dev] grass63 -text startup screen

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 02:19:03 EDT 2006

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> The suggestion for tool-tips was for the startup GUI.
> After the FOSS4G conference we should start looking into the startup
> GUI again, as creating a new location is still problematic,

Indeed, maybe folks can start working on a replacement WxPython GUI
welcome screen and new location wizard for 6.3 as a small project.
My hope is that the various WxGUI components can be worked on somewhat
separately by several teams of devels, so the load is not all on 2-4
people. Hopefully in some coordinated way so that we don't get 5
different styles.

Hamish