[GRASS-dev] v.bspline -> v.surf.bspline ?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Sep 4 12:50:34 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 09:37:35AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> These kind of popped up out of nowhere.

Michael,

not really from nowhere :-). An earlier version already exists in
GRASS 5 since 2002. There is a related paper in "Transactions in GIS".

At Lausanne, we'll give a workshop which covers the new Lidar
tools:
http://www.foss4g2006.org/sessionDisplay.py?sessionId=59&confId=1
-> [48] Power User Workshop: GRASS image processing

> I recently noticed them appearing in
> the source. There has been a lot of interesting new stuff recently. Let me
> know what is going to actually to into 6.2 and I can add it to the menu.

They are present in 6.2, so it would be nice to have them added.
If added in 6.3, I can backport that.

For the flow of processing, I have added a short paragraph at
bottom of
http://grass.itc.it/grass63/manuals/html63_user/vectorintro.html
-> Lidar data processing

> Also, I seem to remember something going by the list recently (it's been
> busy here) about some functions on the menu that are no longer compiled. If
> anyone remembers what they are, they can be removed.

Hamish has removed them.

Markus