[GRASS-dev] Re: Non-fatal bug fix

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Sep 6 11:24:52 EDT 2006

Michael,
(cc list to keep people informed)

applying the recent diffs from you to 6.2 is not possible since
it fails at many positions. There must be more differences to
6.3 than expected.

I was hoping to present 6.2.0 at the Lausanne conference
but now I hesitate. It's better to wait than publish
broken software. For the liveCD we have a working
version which is fine. Also, the available time is
close to zero at my end.

Suggestion: We stabilize gis.m in 6.3-CVS HEAD and
ask folks to heavily test it. No new features for 1-2 weeks.
Then, when I am back from Lausanne (17th) I will
copy the entire gis.m changes to 6.2 and freeze it there.

Does this sound reasonable?

Markus