[GRASS-dev] MS-Windows native GRASS

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sun Sep 17 16:13:21 EDT 2006

On Sat, September 16, 2006 07:30, Huidae Cho wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 12:55:02PM +0200, Moritz Lennert wrote:

>> - grass opens in the msys home directory. It might be interesting to
>> allow the
>> user to choose in which directory it starts as user would probably
>> prefer to be
>> able to stay withing their usual windows directory structure
>
> Once you choose a database location, the directory will show up by
> default.

I was not speaking of the database location directory, but the working
directory that GRASS starts in. By default it goes to /home/username
within the msys tree. This means that any file output goes into this
directory by default. As people normally don't organise their files within
the msys tree, it's just a bit annoying to always have to navigate to your
habitual directories.

> I've just uploaded today's CVS version and updated sqlite and gdal.

Great ! Thanks for all the fixes. I'll test tomorrow.

Moritz