[GRASS-dev] Re: v.surf.bspline: bugs and issues

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Tue Sep 19 08:52:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,
I was in the foss4g meeting last week so I read the mail but I couldn't
do anything. Now I'm back and I'm working on it.

As a basic thing, I see that the description file is not the best. So,
I'm trying to improve it.
I'm also working on the bug of G_calloc.

Just one explanation for the bug: in the example given, you are working
with 100 points and with an area of 16x20 cells. On the module, the
splines don't care about the cells area, but about the spline steps:
"sie=" and "sin=". The unit for these parameters is the same that the
region's one. So, if you are working with an area 16000x20000 unit^2,
you will have 4000x5000 splines (by default, sie=sin=4). Thus, you are
not working with 100 points but with 20 millions splines. Inverting a
regular matrix of 20 millions is not easy.

Regards,
Roberto

--
Roberto Antolin Sanchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it