[GRASS-dev] Re: gis.m zooming: 2 new bugs

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Sep 20 05:20:17 EDT 2006

Michael Barton wrote:

> I hope this helps explain what is going on better. What do you think?

I think that box-zoom-in and box-zoom-out should behave the same. They
don't - which is a bug in terms of usability. Since box-zoom-in does
update the region extent properly, taking into account the whole area
within the zoom box, the box-zoom-out should do that too.

As to single-click-zoom-in it should behave the same as
single-click-zoom-out, which you have fixed recently. Ie. it should
only modify the zoom level and not modify the X,Y proportions at all,
which is unfortuantely happening now.

The single-click-zoom-in and -out should also center-pan to cursor
location - simply because the cursor is involved. And since it is, I,
user, expect it to be significant where I click on the map canvas. If
we want a zoom tool that doesn't pan-center, it shouldn't involve cursor.

Maciek