[GRASS-dev] v.spline??

Michaela Kinberger kinb at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at
Thu Sep 21 10:00:31 EDT 2006

After r.to.vect I want to make my lines a little bit smoother. But I'm
not satisfied with the options of v.clean (prune,...).
So I found the attached thread in another GRASS-list. Maybe anyone knows
something about the process of the mentioned new tool for clean?

I'm also happy with an helpful other solution for genaeralizing my lines
to get a nice boundary for my interpolated areas.

lg
michaela

----------------

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:07:07 +0300
>orkun <temiz at deprem.gov.tr> wrote:
>

>>>hello
>>>
>>>I wonder how I can smooth polygon lines ?
>>>

>I don't think it is possible in Grass 6. In Grass 5 there was such a
>function in the v.digit. It'd be nice to have it in Grass 6 too, as a
>standalone module (for nice cartography eg.).
>
>Maciek

Yes, it would be nice to get the function
  src/mapdev/v.digit/spline.c
migrated from GRASS 5-CVS to GRASS 6 as
  lib/vect/Vlib/spline.c
and add that as tool to v.clean or a new command v.smooth.

Markus

------------------

--
Institut fuer Geographie und Regionalforschung
Universitaet Wien

Departement of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna
Cartography and GIS

Universitaetstr. 7, A-1010 Wien, AUSTRIA

Tel: (+43 1) 4277 48646
Fax: (+43 1) 4277 48649
E-mail: kinb at atlas.gis.univie.ac.at

WWW: http://www.gis.univie.ac.at/karto