[GRASS-dev] r.le bugs--list needed

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon Sep 25 17:20:42 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 14:51 -0600, William L. Baker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I may (still uncertain!) slowly try to get r.le programs to work under
> 6.X. Here is what I see as problems to be fixed. If anyone knows of
> other problems, let me know:
>
> 1. r.le.setup fails when a sitefile is requested--update needed
> 2. r.le.setup does not display properly in the display window
> 3. with gis.m, r.le.setup does not connect to display window
> 4. r.le.pixel crashes with a memory problem
> 5. no r.le.dist program

William,

r.le needs major work.  It has not been touched in several years and I'm
a bit surprised that it still works at all.  I got a start on it last
week by at least resolving compiler errors/warnings for r.le.patch, but
I didn't really attempt to fix anything.

Is there anyone who has the time to deal with r.le in the near term?  It
will be a fairly time consuming project if you plan on updating text I/O
(it references stderr, stdout, and files extensively).

What happened to r.le.dist, anyway?  Would it be best to remove r.le
from production branches (6.2) until it works reliably again?

--
Brad Douglas <rez touchofmadness com>                      KB8UYR
Address: 37.493,-121.924 / WGS84    National Map Corps #TNMC-3785