[GRASS-dev] Some doubts

Roberto Antolin roberto at geomatica.como.polimi.it
Tue Sep 26 09:05:49 EDT 2006

Dear all,
I have some questions that I would like to resolve.

This summer I was discussing with Markus about extern variables. He told
me that there were some compilation problems and it would be better not
to use them. But I saw that they are used all over GRASS. So, which is
the point with them? Should they be declare in an especial way?

There is a second question about the database and driver module's
options. When I wrote my modules (v.surf.bspline, v.outlier and
v.lidar.*) I needed the database and driver information. I decide to ask
the user for them in the case he/she wants to use other than the default
values. But, is better to ask the user for these parameters within the
module, or maybe is better to use the default values?

A third final question: To show the progress of the module, is actually
needed?

Thank you a lot,
Roberto.

--
Roberto Antolin Sanchez
Politecnico di Milano – Polo Regionale di Como
email: roberto.antolin at polimi.it