[GRASS-dev] spam in bug tracker

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 08:04:10 EDT 2006

Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> Eric has found that spam is being added to existing BT tickets.
>
> See eg. at the bottom of
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1107
> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2904
>
> Is there anything we can do about it?

Besides calling on friends in low places?

After a period of cursing, create a new bug, copy over relevant content,
close the old bug, and hope it doesn't happen again. If Intevation can
track down the offending IP range and has the energy, blacklist the
bastards (mostly as a feel-good measure for us).

or maybe Intevation can edit the bug's record by hand? (again, wasted
energy better used for something else)

Unless it gets really really really bad, I don't like requiring an
account to submit bugs. This is something I really hate about Bugzilla,
and I think there are all sorts of valid bugs we wouldn't find out about
if such a policy was enacted.

note this was done by human hand in the bug tracker, not by chance spam
email.

Hamish