[GRASS-dev] RE: [GRASS-user] Error importing DMS into standard format usingv. in.ascii

Patton, Eric epatton at nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Sep 27 11:18:54 EDT 2006

Trying again after converting DMS to deciaml degrees:

echo "L 4 1
66.5W|44.25N
66.0W|44.25N
66.0W|44.0N
66.5W|44.0N
1 1 " | v.in.ascii -n output=DMS_test format=standard  --o
Error reading ascii file:
66.5W|44.25N
Building topology ...
0 primitives registered
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands:
Attaching centroids: Topology was built.
Number of nodes     :   0
Number of primitives:   0
Number of points    :   0
Number of lines     :   0
Number of boundaries:   0
Number of centroids :   0
Number of areas     :   0
Number of isles     :   0

The above command also fails if the coodinates are given to 6 decimals
places, which probably doesn't even matter.

~ Eric.