[GRASS-dev] spam in bug tracker

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Sep 29 06:23:47 EDT 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 23:36, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Thursday 28 September 2006 15:32, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Maciej Sieczka wrote on 09/28/2006 02:52 PM:
> > > I fully second Hamish that we should keep bug reporting possible for
> > > anonymous users. I prefer to have to deal with spam from time to time
> > > (yuck!) than to miss a usefull message.

True. But wiht current spam level and robot, you will need to have a
human queue before it really goes into the tracker.

> > > But I hope that the new bugtracker that Grass some-day will have, will
> > > provide a possibility to delete or modify single past records in the
> > > given ticket, not only to kill the whole bogus ticket.

The administrator can do this in request-tracker already
and manipulate the database.

> > > Anybody knows if
> > > Trac has such thing?
> >
> > I think that this is the key - being able to delete individual posts to
> > a bug
> > report. Given that, we could keep it open as before.

I do not think this is feasabl; humans cannot beat robots that fill out
webforms.

> the tracker of GForge does not offer to remove comments.
> Only attachments can be deleted.

Our main reason to move to Gforge software (not the propietary software of
gforge group) is that we will have a larger user community that has the same
needs, so additions and changes will be easier to make and will be useful to
more people as well.
I suggest adding a feature request to www.gforge.org.

> I know that RoundUp allows to remove comments, but this tracker
> is not integrated (yet) in GForge.

If somebody would want to work on this, it would be cool. :)

Bernhard