[GRASS-dev] [bug #5175] (grass) v.to.db: 'option=cat' not updating columns other than 'cat'

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Sep 29 18:43:38 EDT 2006

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=5175

Subject: v.to.db: 'option=cat' not updating columns other than 'cat'

Even if I specify a valid integer output 'column' for 'option=cat':

    v.to.db -s map=huha2 type=point layer=2 option=cat column=gimme

v.to.db ignores it and updates the column "cat" instead:

    Updating database ...
    insert into huha2_2 ( cat ) values  ( 1 )
    insert into huha2_2 ( cat ) values  ( 2 )
    insert into huha2_2 ( cat ) values  ( 3 )

... and so forth.

The column "gimme" is there:

    $ v.info -c huha2
    Displaying column types/names for database connection of layer 1:
    INTEGER|cat
    INTEGER|gimme

Why does v.to.db ignore it? I thought I could use any integer column for
storing categories...

Maciek